Wax Removal Service at McCreesh Hearing
Microsuction at McCreesh Hearing ensures that a trusted and professionally certified audiologist removes your earwax safely and effectively. It also means that long hospital waiting lists are avoided, and the procedure can be carried out at a time that suits your schedule.
Feedback from our patients indicates that most find microsuction gentle and comfortable compared to other methods of wax removal such as syringing and ear irrigation. Furthermore as the process does not require any liquids (as the ear wax is not being flushed out), there is a clear view in to the ear canal and of the ear wax, so it is a much faster and safer procedure.
What happens during the procedure?
During the procedure, Michelle will examine your ears using a binaural microscope and at the same time will use a low-pressure suction device with a fine wand type end, to safely remove your earwax or blockage.
The equipment used also enables Michelle to show you before and after images of the condition of the inside of your ears, so you can see the effectiveness of microsuction for yourself.
The video below shows the removal of earwax using microsuction.
Benefits of Microsuction at McCreesh Hearing
- Unobstructed view of the ear wax and ear canal making microsuction safe and effective
- No need for ear drops unlike traditional methods of earwax removal
- No liquids are used during the procedure
- Safe for those with eardrum perforations and mastoid cavity perforations
- Pain free
- Fast procedure
- Long hospital waiting lists avoided
- Carried out at a time that suits you